Mission, Vision and Values
We want to make a significant positive impact upon the lives of disadvantaged 14-25 year-olds in the UK (who are struggling with a range of personal and social issues including poverty, unemployment and lack of opportunity). This includes young people with learning & other disabilities, emotional & mental health issues, those leaving care and those at risk of offending.We will provide opportunities for personal development and support an effective transition to a productive and happy adult life using innovative befriending and mentoring programmes.
- We want to live in a nation that provides young people with the best possible opportunities for a positive and productive life that in turn benefits those people whose lives they touch, including their own children and families.
- We want young people to have an alternative to the disillusion and powerlessness that so many feel; to be engaged in the process of positive change personally and socially.
- We want our nation as a whole to be a force for good in working with other nations to encourage those same values across our increasingly populated and increasingly small yet needy world.
- We believe it is possible to change the future of our nation and world: to give young people what they need to change their own world and to positively affect the lives of those they touch and with whom they share. Our vision is to make that happen.
We have a simple strategy. Start small: do it well: expand, grow our reputation and replicate and develop our projects and services locally, regionally and later nationally for children and young people in the UK.
We are already running one project for young people with special needs in Luton; we aim to launch two further projects in 2016/17 across the region and addressing youth offending and those leaving care, including hose with mental health and emotional needs.
By 2018 we plan to be working in Herts, Beds, Bucks and North London. We expect to work with around 100 children and young people in 2016/17 and by 2020 we plan to be working with around 1000 young people in locations across England and Wales.
- Affirming and Positive
- Honest and Transparent
- Mutually accountable
- Determined and Persistent
- Committed to Quality and Excellence
- Tolerant and Understanding
- Person-centred and respectful
- Committed to Partnership and Joint working